Midlife Perspective is a personal blog where Generation-X meets Generation Boomer. The purpose is for readers and the author to connect through reminiscing, interesting discussions, and sharing our unique life experiences.
Hello! I’m Ann Marie…a 56-year-old mom to two adult children and a grandma of six awesome grandkids. I’ve been divorced twice but have been single and not dating for the past 20 years. I enjoy the solitude and not having to worry about another person. It’s just me and my cat.
While I love the peacefulness of my life, being alone does leave me with a lot of time to think. About all sorts of things. Which is why I started this blog – to write down my thoughts even if no one reads it.
Also, I’m a Christian believer which is where my current values come from. I’m not good at it and mess up all of the time, but I am trying. If this bothers you, it’s okay. The choice to believe in God or not is up to each individual person.
What I Like:
- Drinking ice-water and different flavored hot teas. No coffee.
- Creating digital graphics and quotes.
- Recycling. It’s one small thing I can do to help the environment.
- Planting flowers and decorative grasses, and keeping my front porch tidy.
- Meeting new people with whom I have things in common.
What I Don’t Like:
- Crazy drivers! Road rage and people cutting me off.
- Littering. Unbelievable that some folks are too darn lazy to walk to a trash can.
- Rude, entitled, and snobby people. Being kind isn’t that difficult!
This is all I can think of for now. I hope it gives you a feel for who I am. As I add more content I hope to meet some of YOU in the comments!
Thanks for reading…